Friday, May 4, 2012

Open House is....Over

Last night I had my Open House.
What a LONG, but fun evening.

Here are some of my favorite highlights.

Mini Me Students
This is my signature Open House project I do every year. You can find my original post about these cuties {HERE}

Name Wordles

Equivalent Fraction Kites
Read more about this activity {HERE}

Litterbug Lounge

Read more about this activity {HERE}

Work of Heart Suitcases
A holder for their work over the school year
Go {HERE} for original post

Now I'm ready for an extended nap.
I always forget how exhausting Open House is.
It's over....until next year!

Link up your fun projects here

Find more great ideas on my Pinterest page or TPT store


  1. WoW!!! Such AmAzInG energy for a May Open House!!! Those self portraits are ADORABLE!! Thanks for sharing.

    We just finished State testing last week . . . and I thought it'd be kind of a laid-back sort of week but with K registration, Shattered Dreams at FHS, retention meetings, etc., this week was busier than ever . . . and today we found out our Principal was moving up to Asst. Superintendent . . . ch-ch-ch-changes!!!

    Sending smiles for a successful summer countdown,


  2. What a friendly, inviting classroom. I love the mini-me students sitting at the desks.

  3. A 2nd grade teacher at my school does the same mini me project and I already told her I plan to steal it as soon as she retires! :-)

    Finally in First

  4. Looks like a lot of work but a lot of fun.

    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

  5. I love the litter bug lounge! I think it's so great how you incorporated creativity but also a little of each subject for the parents to see!

    Now go take a nap! :)

    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

  6. I just love the mini me's. They turned out great! Parents must have loved them.
     Chrissy

    First Grade Found Me

  7. I truly love your ideas for open house. I am curious though why your open house is so late in May. We are getting ready to finish school. Are you a year-round school? I am definitely going to follow your blog. Thanks for the great ideas!


    1. Our Open House is a spring event showcasing our activities for the year. We have a separate event at the beginning of the year called "Back to School Night" to inform new families about our classroom procedures/grade level.

  8. Love all of these ideas! I've always wanted to try the Mini-me Students...maybe this will be the year! :) The Litterbug Lounge is adorable, too!! Thanks for linking up!

    Teaching Maddeness

  9. Those mini-me students are so stinkin cute! LOVE it! I'm your newest follower. :)
    iTeach 1:1


Pin It button on image hover