Thursday, March 8, 2012

Equivalent Fractions

Equivalent fractions can be tricky. So my class made this flip book visual to use as a reference.
For the flip book I just had the students use 5 sheets of ditto paper approximately 1 inch apart. Then they fold down the top and staple it.  Here's a handy link showing how to make the foldable. Once the foldable is made I use this fraction bar printable that students glue on each step of the flip book. Then they cut the fractional lines on each step to make it manipulative.




13 comments:

  1. LOVE fraction walls, and your flip chart looks fabulous! What a great learning tool for your 3rd graders, thanks for sharing!! Happy weekend ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! We just finished fractions, but I have this added to my files to use next year. I am a new follower to your adorable blog!

    Have a great weekend
    Krista
    stellar-students

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! I am passing on the Versatile Blogger Award to you! Hop over and see for yourself!
    Heather
    theTechedOutTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you found me! I am now following you and looking forward to checking out all of your classroom happenings as well!

    -Krista
    The Second Grade Superkids

    ReplyDelete
  5. THanks for stoppin by...I appreciate the love!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, thank you! We are working on fractions right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a future math teacher, this activity caught my eye! It is very creative and seems like a fun activity for students to learn fractions!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover