Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Value of Bucket Filling



For the past several years I've used the popular Bucket Filler books by Carol McCloud in my classroom.

If you've not taken a peek at this series it is a MUST do.  At the start of every school year I begin the bucket filler program. I have this bulletin board display of personalized buckets for classmates to add positive bucket filler thoughts.

Here's my Bucket Filler Bulletin Board. I personalized each bucket with student's names and taped them to party favor treat boxes.  




In addition, I found an adorable Bucket Filler song online written by Ken Beere.






Be sure to grab a copy of the song lyrics I typed up.  



Be sure to view the video skits done by Fairmont Elementary School too. The videos are a GREAT way to get Bucket Fillers off to a great start in your classroom!


Video 1




Video 2

Video 3

6 comments:

  1. I love this! I may have to become a bucket filler :)
    Thanks for linking up!

    Denise
    Sunny Days In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for linking this up! We do Bucket Filling at my school and I love that you have seasonal ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Bucket Fillers. I read 5 each week. The kids love getting them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is such a great resource- thanks for sharing!

    ~Stephanie
    3rd Grade Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bucket filling song? Awesome! My class fills buckets and it makes such a difference in classroom management. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love yours!

    Mrs. T
    Teaching Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your videos! I plan on filling buckets with my first graders this year and I will use the videos. Thank you for sharing.

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover