Friday, June 15, 2012

Font issues

I discovered late last night that my fonts all over my blog ALL of a SUDDEN switched on me.
I worried a little bit, and then went to bed hoping it would all be cleared up this morning.
No hope. It's doing the same thing.


My blog posts should be in the Coming Soon font like this



My blog title should be in Crafty girl font like this


BUT this is what it looks like to me:



Does this show this way to others?
I know Kristin is having the same issue.
Anyone else out there or are we the only ones?

I found this link with others reporting the issue but NO SOLUTION.

When I go into my template by the way, it shows that I should have "Coming Soon" and Crafty Girls fonts showing, but they aren't.

I hope help arrives soon!

Sidenote: I am seeing font issues on some other people's blogs as I read posts this morning. I do have a MacBook Pro, but have not done any updates or anything new to make these changes in font display.

***Update:***
I've spent all morning troubleshooting this issue.
I'm thinking it might be a Safari Browser issue, because I just used Firefox on my Mac and my blog is displaying properly there. For those that comment that my blog looks fine, could you let me know in a comment if you are on a Mac or not and what browser you use. Thanks a bunch.
I hope if it is a Safari issue they resolve it, because that's what I use all the time.


21 comments:

  1. Just so you know, they are showing up as Crafty Girl and Coming Soon on my computer! They look good!

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, it shows up right on my screen too! It might just be the computer you are viewing it on.

    Maureen
    The First Grade Splash

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good to me, too! :) I know you said in your template it says preferred font, but, for me, I have to make sure it says default font. Maybe you can try that?

    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks normal to me too. It could be the settings on your computer. Good luck! :)

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great from here... I saw Kristin's post this morning...how strange!

    Kimberly
    The Learning Tree

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good to me as well. That is so weird that several of you are having this same problem.

    Heidi
    My (Not So) Elementary Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am on my PC and it looks great! My iPad wasn't showing the fonts correctly on my blog this morning, so maybe it is suddenly a Mac thing?? Weird!

    ~Stephanie
    3rd Grade Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have a MAC, but I am having the same issues. I also use the "Coming Soon" font. It isn't showing up that way on my computer, either. I wonder why...please let me know if you find a reason!
    Storie
    Stories by Storie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see everyone else is saying the same thing, but it looks right on my computer screen! Sometimes it depends on the browser you're using. Everything on Blogger works best with Google Chrome. Other browsers sometimes mess it up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm on a MAC and I tried it in Firefox and Safari and both show up properly. Hope you figure it out soon. Glitches like that annoy me to no end!

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my goodness - I'm so glad you said something because I've tried to fix mine about 20 times today and it won't let me. Please let me know if you figure it out. I have a PC.

    Thanks,
    Carolyn from http://thirdgradeadventuresinelbert.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ugh, I'm having the same problem here :( Let me know if you work it out, your blog shows up with an italicized font too.
    ☼Libby
    First Grade Dual

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay everyone,it is day two of the font issue for me. Still no solution, expect for using Firefox browser. But many others besides me have the same issue. I guess I'll hang tight and see if it is a Blogger bug that will work its way out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am right there with you all. I am using IE ugh! It is so frustrating. I hope it gets fixed soon. I was also using the "coming soon" and "cherry cream soda" fonts...I wonder what the issue is. I saw that you had posted on Blogger help forum as did I :) At least we are not alone.

    Hugs,
    TIPS: Teach, Inspire, and Prepare Students

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I replied to several threads before they finally asked for the response questions. Hope they fix it soon since a lot of people are indicating they have the same thing going on.

      Delete
  15. Same problem here. I'm not sure if it's a Blogger issue or if it's your browser. I was using Safari. I switched to Firefox on the weekend and now my fonts look fine to me. My iPad uses Safari and they still look wonky there, too. Try switching to Firefox ... very easy to do.
    Take care!
    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just came home from going out to dinner and was pleasantly surprised to see my fonts are now back to normal on Safari. Blogger fixed whatever the issue was after many of us posted error threads on a Blogger help forum.

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover