Thursday, May 31, 2012

Whole Brain Teaching

I've not used Whole Brain Teaching in its full capacity YET in my classroom, but after finding this motherlode of resources I think I'll invest time this summer adding more of the strategies to my classroom.
The one tried and true piece I've done so far is the Class....Yes. Love it.

So on to my motherlode find:


Miss L's Whole Brain Teaching

 Every Wednesday, Miss L's blog has a post dedicated to WBT.
Her most recent post has tons of other links to other Whole Brain Teacher blogs.
Can you say jackpot?

Are you a Whole Brain Teacher fan? Join Misty's linky party and add your resources and finds!


On another note, I'll be posting the winner of my Educational Insights Fraction game this evening.


There's still time to enter!

9 comments:

  1. I looooove WBT! I tried it this year and it changed everything! We all became much happier and more motivated (kids and teacher!) and the best part is that it's so easy!!

    I highly recommend delving deeper this summer- they have some amazing strategies and techniques from academics, to homework, to management, and more :)

    ~Stephanie
    3rd Grade Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took at class on WBT! I can't wait to check out her blog! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out! I just found your blog through Misty's linky party and I can't wait to make my way through your posts :)
    Best wishes from Manitoba, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the site. Learning more about WBT is on my summer to do list!
    Jessica


    Apples and Papers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been very interested lately in learning about WBT. I don't know if you've seen Think, Wonder & Teach's blog. She has been doing posts about WBT all week that I thought you might be interested in also. It's a very interesting concept!

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm your newest follower and I also use the "Class...Yes". I love using it, but I also noticed my class getting bored with it. Have you noticed that with your group of kids? I also try to vary with it "Classy, Classy, Class, etc." and this seems to get their attention a little better. Would love some insight! :)

    Josh
    Mr. B's Beach Brains

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just started following your blog (found off Misty's linky party!) I'm going to get more into the nitty gritty of WBT this next year as well! Good luck!

    Melissa at Mrs. Smith's First Grade Class

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm also a huge fan of WBT, and I'm super glad to have found you (and others) on Misty's linky party. I've been using several of the WBT strategies in my classroom, and the kids love them... and they respond!

    Sally from ElementaryMatters

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover