Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Clipchart Button Up and Down

I'm a believer in the Clipchart management system. It's worked wonders in my classroom.  I put my own touches to it with the use of buttons.  I purchased painted clothespins and then hot glued cute little ol' buttons to them. I then numbered the inside of each pin and at the beginning of each year, I let each kiddo select the button clothespin they want.  This allows for more privacy since clothespins are not identified with names, only buttons and numbers. I made a "Button Up Sign" and signal cards to hand out when needed saying, "You get to button up" or "Please button down".  I use the signal cards when I want to discretely let students know to move up or down. I keep a laminated supply of them handy on my front table.

Ready to get buttoned up? Click the images below.



Join Miss Kindergarten's Classroom Management Linky for even more ideas.

7 comments:

  1. I love it!

    http://quenchyourfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Thanks for the downloads and thanks for linking up!

    Hadar
    Miss Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. and I LOVE the way you hung the charts! I have mine up with tape and it always falls down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic idea. I love the colour scheme - really visual and the buttons for anonymity - nice touch!

    I'm a new follower!

    Baggy Trousers
    http://acrucialweek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip about the 2 clip charts. I'll probably have a small class this year but I might order another one anyway.

    Swimming into Second

    ReplyDelete
  6. What criterias did you use to move up and down? When name is being moved down, can it be earned to go back up in same day?

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover